Friday, September 17, 2010

Scott Reviews Toad Sweat's "Chocolate Orange Dessert Sauce"

Last month I felt a little adventurous and bought something that I thought was odd.  I purchased a dessert hot sauce.  I wasn't even aware that such things existed.  But apparently they do. The dessert sauce that I bought was a bottle of Toad Sweat's "Chocolate Orange Dessert Hot Sauce".  I bought it for 2 reasons.  One, I loved the label.  I'm a sucker for great packaging.  Two, it said it went with ice cream and waffles.  The thought of having hot sauce on these items was just too temping.  So I bit. 

After having this sauce for a month now I can honestly say that it was awesome.  Unfortunately I haven't had it on waffles yet.  But I have had it on ice cream...many times.  I've also given it to friends on ice cream...many times.  Everyone has loved it.  The chocolate and orange flavors come together to nicely and have an almost caramel flavor.  The burn is wonderful neither too hot nor too mild.  Basically, I can't recommend  it enough.  Now onto my scores:

Packaging:  4.5 Stars
Taste: 4.5 Stars
Initial Heat: 3.5 Stars
After Burn: 3 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the sweet/heat combo. I'm always looking for ways to mix up some chiles into my candy or ice cream recipes. Good stuff. I'll have to get some of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it. I've loved it and even my friends who do not like hot sauce are into this stuff. -scott

    ReplyDelete