Thursday, September 23, 2010

Scott Reviews Speedy's #44

Sam (the Sauce Shoppe guy) has been pushing Speedy's #44 on me since the first time I visited his shop.  He said it was made by a local guy down at the beach.  Well, I finally bought a bottle and this stuff is good.  It tastes like a spicy gourmet steak sauce.  Taste-wise, it's one of the best sauces I've had.  Not too salty.  Not too vinegary.  A really great tasting sauce.  Even my friend Nate, who really hates when I push sauce on him...I think he thinks I'm like a drug dealer but for heat instead of intoxicants, loved this stuff.  The only downside is it isn't very hot.  But if you are not into hot stuff then you could definitely give it a shot.  It's pretty mild.  Ok...review time.

Packaging: 4.5 stars (i love the label.  the guy who makes it seems to be into biking...the self propelled kind...when you Google this stuff it shows up on some bike forums.)
Taste: 5 stars (what can i say...this stuff is great)
Initial Heat: 1.5 stars (not very hot...but did i mention how great it tasted?)
After Burn: 1.5 stars (see above comment)

No comments:

Post a Comment